Sunday, February 22, 2009

Insensibility


How insensible human beings can be? It's seen to be believed how much! In this otherwise beautiful world, it saddens one to see the indifferent way some people can chop off trees, pluck flowers from somebody else's garden to offer it to God (as if God will love them more for such offerings!). The other day, our neighbour chopped off the berry tree (big variety of berry tree) without any thought what so ever about the lovely juicy fruit the tree had gifted us last January. I felt as if she's chopped off my legs instead. I obviously asked her why she did so, and with an expression as cool as a watermelon, she quipped, "I don't want to make a jungle in my neighbourhood". Think about conscience! Even the old lady who regularly worship God with nature's stolen wares, gave me contemptuous glare when I politely asked her not to make the neighbourhood flower trees bereft of flowers. Have these people ever pondered and revelled at the glory of Mother Nature! Absolutely not! If you don't feel the kind of ecstasy when you look at the trees, flowers, birds, mountains around you, something is missing in you and unless you fill that void in you, your life is imperfect. Simply rejoice at the bounty nature has to offer you and love will overflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment